Did You Know?
- Shark liver oil and squalene are not the same. Bother are produced in the liver and have many fantastic health benefits.
- Squalene can be found in almost anything plant and human, it is only the concentration that varies
- In humans, you have the most squalene in your body when you are an infant.
- Assists in the processing of Vitamin D, cholesterol and hormones within the body
- The highest concentrations of squalene is found in a shark’s liver
- In plants, the best sources are from olives, amaranth, rice bran and wheatgerm
- It has such fantastic moisturising properties that is it one of the most natural ingredients found in skin and body cosmetics
- If you want to make an effort to consume more squalene, the best way is to follow a Mediterranean diet that uses high amounts of olive oils.
These are just a few nifty tips about the health benefits of squalene. You can find out more by contacting us or clicking the link HERE.