What Does Squalene Do?
Squalene (also known as shark liver oil) is a naturally occurring compound that appears in a wide variety of plants and animals. In humans and animals, it is produced by the liver. It is used mainly in cosmetics and some medications, including health supplements.
There are quite a few noted benefits, we have outlined a few below.
- May also reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease.
- Can help boost your immune system and protect you from sickness.
- Help fight illnesses such as asthma, arthritis, and psoriasis.
- Is known to speed the healing process of wounds.
- Studies have shown squalene to reduce the growth of blood vessels in tumours. This applies to breast, colon, and prostate cancer.
- Squalene may reduce the severity of the side effects of chemotherapy.
- Consumption may also reduce the risk of heart attacks, irregular heart rhythms, and high blood pressure.
People generally think of fats as a bad thing to have in their diet, but some fats, including squalene, are very healthy for you. Fats are a great source of energy. They help your body absorb fat-soluble vitamins, help you keep healthy skin, and supply important fatty acids. Of course, there are certain types of fats to avoid. The include trans fats, and saturated fats (although you do need a certain amount of saturated fats – just not too much). Beneficial fats include monounsaturated, polyunsaturated omega fatty acids, and squalene.
This is just a small snapshot of what squalene can do to aid you in keeping good health. Why not check out our squalene health benefits page, solely dedicated to this fantastic product. As always, if you have any question, you can contact us at any time.